Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 31, 2016


Well, a small bit of progress and a nice acquisition.  I have a new pirate ship and a smaller ship to join my fleet.  It is another two mantle piece ships to be converted to semi-water line.  I've also decided to go ahead and finish painting the last of the pirate figures in need of painting (I hope!).

This adds up to 358 pieces but that includes one horse and five pieces of artillery, 20 casualty figures, and one mermaid (not quite sure how to incorporate her into the games but what the heck, she makes one stand three figures.  I have four more mermaids and four sea witches or whatever they are but I just use them as game markers with a monotonic paint scheme).

I did the final sorting tonight and allocated bases for the figures.  Now just a matter of cleaning them, priming them, and pre-basing them before painting and texturing the bases.  And then sealing.

Oh, I've also added a Vauban fortress and a variety of structures as stated earlier for my pirate town (or towns).  I will be basing the towns and maybe building some town walls.  The fortress will be on two levels, a lower level somewhat damaged and the upper level in tact.  Rather than keep this as multiple pieces I'm just going to make it a single permanent model on a rocky base - and thus be able to get rid of the 'part' lines between pieces.  But I will be sure and leave a means of access for any attacking force to use!

So, progress on the pirate front, if small.  And I worked on the storage closet for these and other items today, instead of the floor and one shelf there are now a total of five shelves so a lot easier to get to things to work on them.

Progress is good.  Photos in due course.

(Looks like those hacking slavs are at it again, 245 visits from Russia in the last month.  Post-commie pusillanimous bastards.  Though if there are any legitimately interested folk from Russia you are, of course, most welcome.)