Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Pirate Harry Doorknockin's Raid on Paynomore

Putting on a pirate game at a convention in July so back to work on some figures - need 48 figures to round out 8 partial units, already painted, as part of a Grand Reorganization to fit the collection to my rules of choice per my own lights, essentially going from 4 stands to a unit up to 6 stands to a unit with some special units up to 8 stands.  Also need a couple of new units of a special nature and more dead figures and then there will be few a 'bonus' figures for the game.  No need to buy anymore figures, though, have plenty on hand, more than needed actually.  Also need to finish a bunch of native figures as part of the game, figures that will double for a Caribbean setting and the Pacific Islands at times.  Might try to finish some of the native canoes but that is a wait and see part of the project.  

I might offer some of the surplus figures as prizes during the game.  Not sure what I will do with there overly Napoleonic marine units.  Will still have a smattering of figures in out-of-period hats like fore-and-aft naval hats but I will just consider those fellows to be trend setters well ahead of their time.

I've got a bit over ten weeks to paint about 240-250 figures which is well within my range of productivity, more if I do the canoes but not too many more, a couple of dozen figures or so at most.

Will also be adding some terrain.  Need to order a couple of walls for my star fort model to create my variation of Panama.  And going to build a rope bridge across a canyon between two native villages.  Otherwise, I should have what I need.  Though I might paint up a few extra buildings and, if enough time, build some better jungle trees.

The coolest part is the game will put almost all of my painted pirate collection figures into a game - not a ship game, a land game.  May be a couple of ships as 'decor', maybe with some boats landed, but only as decor, not part of the game.

Don't have the final tally but once the 'new' stuff is painted, there will be a bit over 1900 figures including the multi-purpose natives.

And looks like I will take one unit out of the pirate collection and switch it over to my western collection as temperance women and a half dozen as bar girls or such.

To the devil drink a toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment