Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Reorganizing figures without rebasing or relabeling

So, in preparation for my mid-July convention game, I needed to do some significant reorganization but there is no way I will have time for any rebasing or reorganizing the figures and also get some additional figures painted, some buildings painted, and some terrain pieces built.  

I hit upon the simple expedient of using 'talus' and 'tufts' to define the "new" units.   In some instances, rather than talus I will use rail ballast - it is what I have on hand in sufficient quantity and variety of colors. 

As a for instance, I have constituted four units of a similar nature each with six stands where previously there had been six units with four stands each.  For this grouping, I made piles of white talus on each stand the group identifier and then each unit is further defined by different colored flower tufts: white, yellow, red, and blue.  

What I like most about this approach is that it is readily visible without having to look at the lettering on the base of the figures and without any visually distracting labels.

I only have 72 more units to finish (that is 432 more bases to go)!

Then there are the units I need to get painted to add to the mix - but those might be easily differentiated by how the figures get painted, well some of the units.  The native units will require a bit more finesse but might still be able to use the painted colors for some to differentiate, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment